Friday, December 10, 2010

8. One Sail.

So, I have a life and it gets in the way. No one reads these anyway. :D

“My love rests in a shipwreck.
With a compass in his head.
I’ll wait for him, like vultures wait for bodies,”

There’s only so long you can wait for someone.

Her mother had told her that.

Constantly.

And maybe she was right. What was she waiting for anyway? A boy with a silly grin and no real understanding about how the world worked. Jesus, it never even crossed his mind that he could die. It had never even occurred to him.

Maybe he really was a simple boy with big dreams.

But he was sweet and caring, and had his moments.

Besides, loathed as she was to admit it, she loved him.

And that’s really all she felt mattered.

“I miss your half- Irish grin,
and our love is growing upside down.
They say you’ll never make it home!
But I will wait, won’t bury your clothes,”

No comments:

Post a Comment