Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1. Going Away

Song is here.


“Finally it’s my time to be lonely,
lost,
unloved,
and I can’t wait.”


“You don’t ask someone to marry you like that,” She was fuming, alone.

He was just back, practically right off the boat. What right did he have to go and propose like that?

She was special, and she knew it. She needed to travel, wander, to live.

Who said she wanted to settle down anyway? Just because he was ready didn’t mean she was.

She wasn’t sure if she wanted to settle down. Ever.

Besides, If the boy had any sense he’d wait for her to figure it out.

Just like she’d waited for him.


“I said,
“Come on.
I’ve thought it over.
I don’t want to die here.
I’ve no desire to get married.”

1 comment:

  1. I love this; it has the advantage of hitting close to home and a being subject dear to my heart as of late. I want to run away, get lost, disappear, wander, and never stop moving. For me it's fear and distraction and purpose. I can completely sympathize with the girl in this drabble. I have nothing negative to say. I love the way you gradually painted the picture with each added, simple sentence. Well-executed Drabble. And I love the idea of this challenge! Just a lot of love. Looking forward to the rest on here.

    ReplyDelete