Thursday, March 25, 2010

Busy/Dogs/Zombies/Dreams/Kenny

So the reason my blogging has slowed down so much is that my brand new MacBook Pro died, and it’s costing $750.00 to fix it.

It’s been waiting all healthy and clean at the Apple store for about 3 weeks now. I’ve been insanely ill for the last few weeks and I’ve had no healthy days where I would have been able to go pick it up.

Another reason is that I’ve been getting so much inspiration for the three novels I’m working on. I’ve been spending a good four hours a day writing.

And my last reason, is that I’ve started Sport and Protection training with my dog, Uma again. I've been working with her by myself for a while, but I really wanted a more experienced trainer to help take her to the next level. So after my week long course down in Florida with her and a world champion, I finally found a trainer I trust to work with her.

Here's a nice little picture of our bite work:


Anyway, in my rushed/drugged/tired state, I’ve been experiencing some very, very strange dreams.

One type of dream I’ve had has been coming to me for years. They always center around these two people, who are always the same. The dreams are different, and set in different time periods, but it’s like watching this set of peoples life story. I’ve recently started writing about the two, and believe me, these two are pushy characters.

But my really odd dreams have just started recently.

They are very lucid dreams, all revolving around the Zombie invasion.
Yes, that’s right.

Zombies.

The Undead.

They eat you.

Think Dawn Of The Dead.

Now, that’s not even the really strange part, what with me watching every zombie movie known to man.

The strange part, is the things I’m doing in these dreams. Last night, I was with a group of other survivors, and we stopped all epic like with guns drawn and shit at a CVS.

Because if you’re going to loot, why not loot a CVS?

Anyway, the odd thing is what everyone was looting. Why the heck I’m the only one smart enough to steal drugs is beyond me, but I remember thinking “Why is everyone stealing holiday chocolate?” I mean, chocolate? Really?

And then there are the cut scenes.

Oh yeah, I dream with freaking cut scenes.

Every time a zombie would show up, everyone would turn into a cute little chibi anime character with big eyes and adorable faces.

So, I guess my real question after all of this ranting is:

If you were looting a CVS, what exactly would you steal?

Another note on Zombie movies:
Am I the only one who's noticed that in these movies, there's always that person Kenny or whatever that gets bitten, and then there's this other person who's all
"NO! WE HAVE TO SAVE HIM!"?

And am I the only one who, in this situation would just be
"They're busy with him! Keep running!"

You can't save Kenny people.

I guess my morals are just really odd, because you know how in horror movies, there's always that person you know is going to survive, and then there's that other person who's just tagging along?

Then the hero character says something like:

"Don't worry, we'll get out of this, I won't let you die!"

Now see, if I was ever in this situation, I think it would go down more like this:

"Listen dude, you're really slowing me down, you can't keep following me,"
"What?"
"Go find another place to hide because you're slowing me down and I'm not going to die because of you,"
"But Brianna, we've been best friends for years-"
"Yeah I know, Good times. Now be my best friend and distract the bad guy while I get away, Kthxbye"

Which do you think is a more accurate description of what would happen in real life?

Am I just a bad person? Would you go all out guns a blazing to save that annoying tag-along Kenny?

Because really, there's always that tag along who fucks everything up later on, he gets bitten or becomes a hostage or runs too slow or does something stupid like open the door... Maybe we should just take out Kenny ourselves.

Also, does anyone else actually think about these things day-to-day? Because I always have a mental list of who Kenny would be and who would actually have a chance to survive.

It's not that I don't love my friends, but really, you just can't save Kenny...

So with these dreams comes crushing fear. Because a Zombie invasion is so, so, something that could happen any day now. I never said I was rational.

Anyway, this fear was so bad that two mornings ago I wouldn't get out of bed until my mother came to get me.

Because yes, I'm one of those people who lives by the rule that nothing can get you if you're hiding under the bedsheets.

Honestly, how could a zombie or a serial killer ever attack you if you're under your reinforced anti-bad guy bedsheets?

If you don't see them they can't see you...or something like that.

Maybe I *am* the only one who thinks this way.
Don't think like me.
I'm not all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment